Sunday, October 11, 2009

WAIT I Say!

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

How many times have you heard people say that they are waiting on the Lord. "Hey George...What does God have you doing for Him today......Well I don't know Fred, I am just waiting on the Lord". We have all heard it right. Well here is my thought for today.

You know how some words have more than one meaning? Well...what if the word wait here could be interpreted more like this. Wait on the Lord like your waiter would wait on you at a restaurant. Can you imagine if ol George (mentioned above) was your waiter. "um...sir...we would like to order over here, and George replies...sorry...I am just standing over here waiting because that is what I do....I am a waiter ya know".

The word wait used this way means serve. Let us use the word serve in the verse above and see what happens. "Serve the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: Serve, I say, the LORD." I don't know if this is the actual word that the Hebrews used in this text, but I do know that God would deffently stringthen your heart if you just simply served Him. Did Mary just sit outside the door (John 12:3) waiting for Jesus to say come in and wash my feet with your hair? No...She gave us a great example of what it looked like to "WAIT" on the Lord.

Let us be waiters (servers) for our Lord. Just a thought for the day. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot Me Straight