Thursday, October 8, 2009

Who Shall I Fear?

Romans 8:37-39
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.


I remember when I was a young boy and I would go to the Friday night football games with all my friends. I had some pretty big and tough friends that I used to hang out with back then. We would walk around that stadium thinking that we where all that and a box of cookies. I was, as I have always been, a fairly small young man, but when I walked around with these fellas I had absolutely no fear. I felt I was untouchable. This feeling made me a little cocky, and I always seemed to ruffle some feathers from some of the visiting team fans which would turn into a bit of a scuffle, if you know what I mean.

Though I may have grown up...just a little, and you won't find me going around picking fights at sporting events, I have learned that I have adopted a similar, yet stronger, feeling as I had then while hanging out with the bid dogs. In Christ I am MORE than a Conqueror. There is no power anywhere that can separate me from the love that God has for me, and let's face it, God is bigger and stronger than all the big dog friends I can muster. It's like my brother David said in Psalm chapter 27..."The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear. The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?" (Let us not forget that ol David was a little guy as well.)

Let us walk fearing nothing or no one but God himself. Let us remember that there is nothing, not even anything we may do, that can possibly separate us from the love of our wonderful Father. Always let God walk in front of you and you closely follow, so all that anyone ever sees is Him. Just a thought. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot Me Straight