Monday, May 10, 2010

Purpose Driven Life???

I know I know...such a title as you see above is old news. Another book that swept through the religious world like wild fire, sold thousands of copies, and made another preacher well known around the world. Till this day you can still find a copy of that book on book shelves in most every book store you enter. I, in fact, bought me a copy of this book back when it first came out, although I failed to get past chapter one.

I guess I bought that book for the same reason so many others did...I had a longing to find God's purpose for my life. I guess I thought that book was going to be like a spiritual grab bag. I would reach in, grab a tight hold, and pull out God's call on my life. " What's it going to be Lord...a teacher...missionary, preacher, evangelist, or a deacon?" It took about a whole five minutes to figure out that I would once again pull nothing but a handful of air out of that bag, so out the book went.

I am going to try to attempt an amazing task here. I am going to attempt to tell you God's purpose for you (the reader) in one little ol' blog posting and save you a whole 30 days of reading. Here we go...are you ready...

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind soul, and strength". Okay, that was the first chapter of my purpose for your life book; now here is the second and final chapter. "Love your neighbor as yourself". THE END.

Well....what do you think? Should I find me an publisher and get my name known throughout this planet. Who knows, I may be the next one to go off to some hostel Nation and conduct my own peace talks :) Your right...that's probably not God's purpose for my life. What was I thinking? It would do me no good to publish this writing because I would be charged with plagiarism. As you well know, you can find these very words in what we like to call "the Holy Scriptures" (aka Holy Bible).

You see, this is the whole will of God for our lives. Love God and love man with the same love we have received from God Himself. These are His commands for us. When these words are true in the life and heart of the believer, the what I am supposed to do and the were I am supposed to be questions suddenly disappear because Christ Himself will manifest himself in our lives however He sees fit to do so. Titles, names, and positions don't matter friends. Don't try and put a label on your life. Don't even call yourself Christian. Fall madly and deeply in love with the lover of our souls, and you will find your purpose.

I am not knocking books in this post. There are some good ones out there that will feed your spirit, but I was reminded by a friend of mine a few weeks ago, that we have been given a book that has answers for even your hardest questions...The Scriptures. After all, if any writer ever wrote a book worth reading, he found his or her core points in the same book you already have. Let us read within it's pages and find true purpose for our lives.

Just thinking...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot Me Straight